Why Remove Tree Stumps? After trees are felled and removed from a residential site, it takes added time and money to remove the tree stump that remains. That is why so many yards in Northeast Ohio have at least one old tree stump getting in the way. Grinding stumps may require a small investment of resources, but it is well worth it! Here are just a few reasons why homeowners in Northeast Ohio decide to have their tree stumps removed or grinded:
- They are ugly! Everyone can agree that old stumps dotting a landscape are unattractive. And when weeds and other plants start to grow around them, they look even worse! Removing these eyesores is the first step to getting the beautiful yard you deserve.
- They are always in the way. It can be frustrating having to design your yard around an old tree stump, not to mention the annoyance of navigating around stumps as you mow your lawn!
- They are can be hazardous. Over time, tree stumps can become obscured by grass and weeds, thus becoming serious tripping hazards. You can also do some serious damage to your lawn mower if you accidentally run over a stump!
- They can be unsanitary. Most people do not realize this, but rotting tree stumps can attract insects and play host to mold and parasites that can spread elsewhere in your yard.
- They can cause new trees to sprout. Some stumps will form sprouts instead of rotting, eventually transforming into unattractive shrubs or trees.