Residential, commercial, and utility-related tree care are among the most dangerous professions in the country. Without proper training and an awareness of one’s surroundings, professional arborists risk serious injury or even death on the job due to:
- Electrocution from live utility wires
- Falling from a height while working in a tree
- Being struck by a falling branch
- Coming into contact with dangerous power equipment
- Working during inclement weather
- Improperly applying pesticides or other chemicals
What’s more, unsafe tree care practices place homeowners, members of the public, and property at risk for potentially catastrophic accidents. As such, any tree care company in Northeast Ohio worth its salt must heavily invest in thorough safety training, and must be licensed, certified, and insured to protect itself and its clients.
VanCuren Tree Services has been an industry leader in safety since it was founded over thirty years ago. Our deeply-rooted culture of safety sets us apart from our competitors. We train our employees to embrace safety practices from day one, and we proudly adhere to comprehensive safety guidelines that include:
- Formal training for all employees on industry best practices and safety guidelines/regulations for all manner of residential, commercial, and utility tree care operations. To that end, VanCuren’s arborists are certified organizations such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Ongoing, on-the-job training for our crews, including: learning first aid and CPR; reviewing and revising safety manuals; and attending regular training sessions and safety seminars.
- Education on the safe handling of all power equipment and safety gear, from chainsaws and cranes to climbing equipment and chippers.
- A company-wide commitment to accident prevention, which entails the conscious recognition of potential safety hazards in any situation, and the proactive mitigation of those hazards.